Urusei Yatsura: Benten's Stormtrooper By Jared C. Lewis This is my first attempt at UY fan fiction. In this story, Benten starts at Tomobiki High School and Perm falls head over heels in love with her. * * * We see the beautiful Tomobiki skyline. Cut to a shot of Tomobiki High School. We get closer until we can see inside the window of Onsen Mark's classroom. Onsen Mark stands up and motions for silence. Of course, they ignore him. He pulls a bullhorn out of his desk and raises it to his mouth. Onsen Mark: QUIET! Today the Principal has a special announcement to make. He'll be here any minute, so be on your best behavior when he gets here. Some of the students have their own ideas of what the announcement will be. Lum: Oh my, I hope the Principal hasn't found out that Darling was the one who had 58,000 yen worth of beefbowl sent to his house. Shinobu: I hope he's coming to tell us that Mendou and I are the Prom king and queen! Mendou: No doubt he's coming to announce that I, Shutaro Mendou, have won yet another award for academic excellence. Ran: I'm so happy! I just know the principal is going to announce that Rei has enrolled in school! [girlish giggle] The Principal chooses that moment to enter the room. Principal: Today I have a special announcement to make. Ataru[stuffing his face as usual]: Duh. Principal: Starting today there will be a new student in this class. Ran: I'm so happy! Onsen Mark[under his breath]: Oh god! Not another one! The new girl steps into the classroom. Lum, Ran and Ataru can only stare in surprise. Principal: This is Benten. After saying that, the principal leaves the room. Instead of her armor, Benten is wearing a Tomobiki School uniform. Onsen Mark motions for her to sit in an empty space between Ran and Perm. Upon seeing her up close, Perm gets a major case of Starry eyes (ala Asuka and Tobimaro). Ran: What?! You're not Rei! Where's Rei?! Perm: W...what beauty... Megane hits Perm on the head with a mallot. Megane: Baka! You are one of Lum's Stormtroopers! You have an obligation to love only Lum! Perm: Not any more...... Megane: What did you say?! Perm: From this moment on, I will dedicate my life to ensuring Benten's happiness. I am Benten's Stormtrooper! Cut to Lum, Ataru and Benten walking home from school. Lum: So, Benten, why'd you decide to come to Tomobiki High School? Benten: Well, my dad didn't like the idea of me just cruisin' around the universe. He thought it was time for me to get a proper education. After Ran got over the fact that Rei wasn't coming to school, she invited me to live with her. Ataru clamps onto Benten. Ataru: Now that you're at our school we can be closer together!! Lum: DARLING!! Lum yanks Ataru off Benten and gives him a super duper electric lynching. Lum: DARLING NO BAKA!!!!! Out of nowhere Perm runs up to Benten and starts walking beside her. Perm: Miss Benten, may I carry you're books for you? Benten gives Perm her bag. Benten: Perm, right? Background behind Perm turns to pink with red hearts all over. Perm: Oh my god! She knows my name! Cut to the local beefbowl restaurant where the remaining Stormtroopers are stuffing their faces. Megane: How could Perm abandon Lum?! This is unforgivable! Kakugari: Yeah! How could he abandon his eternal quest to ensure Lum's happiness? Chibi: Actually, that Benten is kinda cute. Megane and Kakugari hit Chibi with mallets. Cut to a shot of Ran's ship. Fade to the inside. Benten is relaxing in an armchair while Ran is cooking dinner. Both are in their alien outfits. Ran: Benten! Dinner will be ready in a minute. Benten: Okay! Sheesh! What a tiring first day at school. Suddenly, the phone rings. Benten: I'll get it! Moshi moshi? Oh, hi Perm! Cut to split screen between Perm and Benten. Perm: High Benten! Um, I was wondering. would you like to go out with me Saturday? Benten: Well... sure! I'll meet you at the beefbowl restaurant in front of Tomobiki High School at 4 o'clock.. Perm: Okay. Bye now! Benten: See ya. Benten and Perm hang up. Cut to full screen of Perm. Perm jumps for joys and starts chanting. Perm: Goin' on a date Ben-ten! Goin' on a date with Ben-ten! Perm's mom calls him from downstairs. Perm's Mom: Son! Your friends are here! Megane, Chibi and Kakugari come into Perm's room and sit on the floor. Megane: Perm, we need you to become a Stormtrooper again! Chibi: Yeah! We need you! Megane: How can you abandon Lum for someone with but a fraction of her beauty? Perm: How can you say that about Benten?! Her beauty is more than a match for Lum's! Kakugari, Chibi and Megane gasp in sheer terror. Megane: Well... it's obvious that there's nothing we can do here. The trio walks out the door. Cut to Perm looking in a mirror admiring himself. He picks up a yellow comb of him dresser and combs his hair. Cut to Benten sitting alone in the beefbowl restaurant. Benten: Perm should be here soon. Benten sees Perm come through the door. He sits at the counter next to her. Perm calls to the waiter. Perm: One beefbowl for two, please! Hello, Benten! Benten: Hiya. Perm and Benten eat, talk and laugh together. After about forty minutes Perm looks at his watch. Perm: Oh no! We're gonna be late for the movie. Benten: Oh no were not... Cut to Benten soaring over Tomobiki on her airbike with Perm holding on tight. Benten: How do ya like the ride. What? A billboard in the way? Benten pulls out her bazooka and blows the billboard away. Benten: That takes care of that obstacle. Cut to after the date in front of Perm's house. Benten: Er, I really had a good time, Perm. Perm: Yeah. Me too. Benten: Well bye. Perm: See you at school! Benten: K' bye. Cut to Ran's ship Monday after school. Lum, Ran and Benten, still in their school uniforms are sipping tea at the table. Lum: So, Benten, how did your date with Perm go? Benten: I... I think I've fallen in love with him: Ran & Lum: What did you say? Benten: He's not that good looking. It's his personality I fell in love with. He's funny, and I like that. But I ain't the kinda gal he wants... Cut to that night. Benten is riding on her airbike. She reaches Perm's house and sees him sleeping peacefully. She blows a kiss to Perm a then rides of into the sky, trailing behind her sparkling tears. The End Any comments on this story should be sent to Velius@aol.com. Don't think, however that this the end of Benten. I will write another story eventually.